Deadline: July 1, 2011 – 5:00pm
Curated by Gretjen Clausing, Executive Director Philly CAM and Terry Fox, PDP Executive Director
Wednesday, October 5 & Thursday, October 6, 2011
MOTION PICTURES has become a unique mini-festival that explores how film and video serve as natural collaborative medium for dance, highlighting the power of image and motion in both. The programs features experimental and innovative shorts, documentaries, “moc”umentaries and animations. There have been documentaries about Pina Bausch, Maya Deren, Carmen Amaya, Geoffrey Holder and Carmen DeLavallade Mark Morris and the Paris Opera Ballet along with imaginative ground breaking work by Pooh Kaye, Hilary Harris and Lloyd Newson among many many others. PDP partners with the Dance Film Association and some of the films from Dance On Camera ‘11 at Lincoln Center will be featured in Motion Pictures.
We are seeking feature-length work and “Shorts” (20 minutes and under).
Submission deadline is: July 1, 2011 (postmark)
Entrants will be notified of acceptance no later than August 30, 2011
Each Submission must include a completed entry form. To download entry form please click here.
Please send 300 dpi jpegs (limit 3) to email@example.com.
Be sure to name your jpeg with the film name and include photo credit.
Send entry form and DVD to:
Philadelphia Dance Projects
1427 Spruce St. Suite 1F
Philadelphia PA 19102 USA
Direct questions about submissions to:
Terry Fox, Philadelphia Dance Projects 215.546.2552 info@philadanceprojects
Motion Pictures ENTRY REGULATIONS
- Preview entries must be DVD.
- Preview DVD along with the Official Entry Form should arrive at the PDP office no later than July 1, 2011
- IF YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR PREVIEW MEDIA RETURNED PLEASE SEND SELF ADDRESSED MAILER WITH RETURN POSTAGE. We are not responsible for returning preview media without a specific request and postage.
- 300 dpi photo jpgs (limit 3) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to name your jpg with the film name and include photo credits (names of the dancers in photo, filmmakers and photographer).
- Motion Pictures is given the right to use excerpts from your video, if chosen for the festival, in all Motion Pictures promotional materials.
- DISCLAIMER/LIABILITY: Every effort will be made to protect entries while in the Festival’s care; however, the Festival and its sponsors do not assume liability for damage or loss to videos.